What is ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet is the low-carb which became popular in the 1920s as a treatment for different diseases like epilepsy, diabetes, Parkinson`s and even cancer nowadays. In the core of this Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan lies the main rule that you shouldn’t take more than 50 grams carbohydrates per day but on the other hand, you can eat healthy fats-like cheese, nuts, avocado, eggs, and butter additionally greens and animal protein. The body switches from burning carbs to burning fats as a primary everyday fuel source, commonly known as ketosis.
Importance of ketogenic diet Weight Loss Plan
This ketogenic diet Weight Loss Plan is perfect for weight loss because of several factors like:
- No need for portion control- all you need to do is be aware of the number of carbohydrates in your food;
- Natural appetite control- you will feel satiated because of the high protein and fat intake meaning no more starving to “death”;
- You will improve your energy levels – when you go through the initial phase of low-carb eating and experiencing symptoms known as “low-carb-flu” you will eventually feel much better and full of energy;
- You are eating healthy unprocessed food;
- You are burning more carbs with low-carb diet in comparison to other diets;
- There is a significant fat loss rather than muscle loss-with keto diet you can lose fat and at the same time preserve your muscle tissue or even building it up.
How to choose Keto Meals for better results?
You need to have a definite plan and know what you are really trying to achieve with this diet in order to have a rather positive experience. It is crucial knowing that your meals should be composed of a perfect ratio of selected nutrients, around 70% fats, 25% protein, and 5% carbohydrate.
The lower you keep your carbohydrate intake and of course, glucose levels, commonly 20-30 g for everyday dieting, the better the overall results will most likely be. You can snack on seeds, nuts, cheeses or peanut butter if you are finding yourself hungry through the day. Your meals should be composed of protein with vegetables and extra side of fat, leafy and dark green are always the best choice for vegetables as they are low in carbs. Perfect examples are chicken breast drizzled with olive oil and broccoli with cheese or steak with butter with spinach in olive oil as a side dish.
Mostly you should try to keeps things simple, always going to store with groceries list and always preparing your meals in advance. In your meals you should incorporate these best keto-friendly foods:
- Meats: chicken, turkey, pork, lamb, fish (salmon, sardines, catfish, tuna, trout) and seafood.
- Oils: olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, and walnut oil.
- Whole Eggs
- Dairy: sour cream, full-fat cheeses and full-fat unsweetened yogurt, milk, and heavy cream.
- Nuts and seeds: hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamia, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and nut butter.
- Low-carb vegetables and fruits: mostly leafy greens like spinach and kale, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus and from fruit really small portions of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and avocados.
Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan menu
In the first week, you should try to keep things as simple as possible just to ease the transition in something completely different and on the other hand it will be hard to get rid of all your cravings all at once. As you start the diet the first symptoms will start to appear, make sure you take a lot of necessary electrolytes and drink plenty of water. As a suggestion, you can start dieting on the weekend so that you can prepare in advance your breakfast for the entire week.
Some simple yet tasty breakfast ideas are:
- Pizza-breakfast Frittata made with eggs and spinach
- Poppy seed muffins
- Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Keto oatmeal
- Keto Collagen Chocolate Smoothie
- Micronutrient Greens Matcha Smoothie
For lunch most of the time it will be a salad with protein and high-fat dressing, so you should get used to it as soon as possible. Here are some simple and doable ideas:
- Lettuce salad with shredded chicken and olive oil dressing
- French Fry Substitute-baked and crispy veggies with coconut oil
- Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
- Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Courgettes
- High-fat fish like salmon with greens
- For dinner you can do a combination of leafy greens, broccoli or spinach with some meat, again doing the common combination of high fat, low carb, and moderate protein.
- Zucchini Pasta with Chicken and Pistachios
- Low-Carb Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Avocado Greek Salad
In the second week you will keep things simple as in the first week but to your breakfast, you can add a ketoproof coffee which it’s a mixture of coconut oil, butter, and heavy cream. It will speed up the fat loss, it will add the needed fats to your nutrients and will keep you energized.
In the third and fourth week you can start and intensify fasting, you can start by eating a breakfast packed with fats maybe in 7 o clock in the morning and then have a 12-hour gap until your next meal. There are plenty of health benefits but on the other hand, it will make your cooking plan easier. Go easy on your body, it truly takes time for to body to get used to all the new things you are incorporating in your daily routine.
Ketogenic diet calculator
- Types of ketogenic calculators
Usage of Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan calculator is more than needed in order to properly calculate the amounts of daily macros. It will also help you to reach your weight loss/weight gain goals, easily enter and stay in average weight loss ketosis, keep track of your macros through the day, you will stop guessing what and how much you should be eating. You should use Standard Ketogenic Diet Calculator if you are new to the Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan and you don’t know the macro ration you need in order to stay in eight loss ketosis. You should use Specialized Macronutrient Calculator when you are an athlete and have specific macro needs if you know how many grams of carbs and protein you should aim for, if you are doing a high-protein keto diet or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- The importance of variables like gender, age, height, and weight
The keto calculator uses all these parameters in order to find the basal metabolic rate (BMR), meaning the amount of energy you spend per unit of time while resting or doing absolutely nothing. Gender is important because composition between men and women is really different, age is significant because of RMR decreasing with age as your muscle mass declines and least height and weight because of the uniqueness of each and every person and its body composition.
- Entering your activity level
Calculating how much energy you spend daily is equally important especially when you are active physically.
- Calorie intake goal-maintain, lose or gain weight
You should carefully think about your goals, what are you trying to achieve and pick a calorie deficit or surplus.
Кeto diet side effects
There are many well-known Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan side effects like:
- Hypoglycemia manifested with fatigue, dizziness, brain fog, intense hunger, depression, and irritability.
- Keto Flu manifested with flu-like symptoms arises briefly after beginning a Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss Plan with symptoms like a runny nose, nausea, fatigue, and headache.
- Sugar Cravings- in generally food cravings that are typically for high-sugar foods that is a response to the lower sugar levels in your body and especially in your brain that sends emergency panic signals that give you these cravings.
- Dizziness & Drowsiness
- Sleep problems due to increased cortisol levels
- Heart Palpitations in early phases of keto-adaptation
- Frequent Urination due to affected electrolyte/mineral balance
- Constipation or diarrhea